These resources are intended for your viewing and enjoyment. We hope that you find them useful for education or conservation of estuaries and marine environments.
- Puget Sound habitats and marine life – Dave Jamison
- Aquarium of the Pacific Online learning center
- WSU Beach Watchers EZ ID
- Learn fun facts about Barnacles!
- NOAA Ocean Service Education
- Puget Sound Regional Synthesis Model
- Marine Estuary News
- Nisqually Dike being breached on You Tube- Department of Ecology
- Tides Rechanneling Nisqually River- The News Tribune, Tuesday, March 16, 2010
- Group Endeavors To Be Voice For Marine Life- The Olympian, April 1, 2007
- Sept, J. Duane. 2009, The Beachcomber’s Guide of Seashore Life in the Pacific Northwest.
- Yates, S. 1998. Marine Wildlife: From Puget Sound Through the Inside Passage.
- Harbo, R.M. 1999. Whelks to Whales: Coastal Marine Life of the Pacific Northwest.
- Kozloff, E.N. 1973. Seashore Life of Puget Sound and the San Juan Archipelago.
Identifying plants and animals on the beach
- http://www.wallawalla.edu/academics/departments/biology/rosario/inverts/index.html (includes some species that may not occur in Puget Sound)
Guide for identifying and digging for clams
Invasive species in Puget Sound